« Monster is Going Social: The Battle of the Rolodexes |
| Henshall on "Social Networking Is Broken" »
March 16, 2004
Skype Raises $18.8M in Series B
In another indicator of the exploding faith of the financial community in the downstream potential of IP telephony, Skype announced raising $18.8M in a series B round of VC funding.
Skype has gathered 3.5M registered users of its VoIP software solution since last August.
This second round was led by Draper Fisher Jurvetson and Index Ventures; other investors were not disclosed. The firm's initial funding round closed in mid-December, and was not previously announced. First round investors included Tim Draper (as an individual investor), Draper Investment Co., Bessemer Venture Partners, and Mangrove Capital Partners.
This follows closely on the heels of the Yahoo/BT announcement (see earlier story) last week.
+ TrackBacks (0) | Category: Business | Telecommunications
- RELATED ENTRIES
- Reminder -- /Message
- /Message - A New Blog
- The Individual Is The New Group -- Part 1
- 1000 Tags: Tag Advertising
- Social Ethics And Technology Design
- Nancy Hass on In Your Facebook.com
- Black and White and Dead All Over: Is Newsprint Dead?
- Anonymous Trolls, Beware: You Are Breaking Federal Laws